Friends: I think the time has come to rename my blog.
I have entered a new phase of my life. It is a better phase, but only in the sense that it is different than what came before, which is something that I desperately needed. I now seek to actively change more things from the way they were before.
I shall enumerate, and illuminate.
- Restricted (by self) to one type of facial hair: the horseshoe mustache. As a professional in the public eye (which makes me sound all self important and snooty, but there you go), I had an image to maintain, and part of that was not confusing people with rapidly changing grooming styles.
- I am a person with strong opinions, but part of my job was also to remain neutral. These are difficult concepts to keep in the head at the same time. Not that I intend to be all up in people’s bidness now, but when you HAVE to write about something you don’t agree with and stay neutral about it… bah.
- Strict dress code: all khakis and slacks and button-up shirts… there were a few months in there where I didn’t wear a single t-shirt.
Don’t get me wrong: life wasn’t bad. I had multiple jobs when many people had none. But down time is nice, and I’m looking forward to it in the…
- Facial Hair Freedom: I have no intentions to do anything stupid, but the fact that I feel okay about growing a beard right now means something inside my head is different. I prefer this.
- I can get snarky if people start acting stupid. I reserve the right to inform those people whenever I like… but that probably won’t be often, because I prefer writing about things like movies and the day-to-day minutia of my life and let people know about the ridiculousity that occurs therein, which is much more enjoyable for all involved, methinks.
- Strict dress code: no shorts or flip flops. Everything else is fair game. (Muchly preferred.)
These are simple examples. Again, the old phase wasn’t bad, which is why the new phase isn’t necessarily “better”, but it is different, which is nice.
And, with all of these changes in my life, it stands to reason that one of the biggest parts of my life (this blog) is ripe for a change as well. Mostly, I want to change the name for potentially legal reasons (which I might be making a bigger deal of than is necessary, but I’m totally fine with covering mah butt).
Unfortunately, I am stymied. Everything I’ve been able to come up with so far (examples include such brilliant utterances as “Say whut?: The Life and Times of Me” to pseudo-profound drivel statements like “Ripples in my Stream of Consciousness”, “Missed my Train of Thought”, or “Betwixt The Lines”) sound like titles to bad 1990s self-help books by life coaches you’ve never heard of.
For now, this is what we’ve got to work with: a nameless blog by a twentysomething librarian in the wilds of Ohio. I can offer only this platitude in the midst of my personal confusion: whatever happens, you’ll be the first to know… and we’ll try to have some fun on the way.
So. Any suggestions?